Discovering the Art of Mathematics is honored to be supported by the guidance of a 6-member External Advisory Board whose members are:
- David Farmer, Director of Programming, American Institute of Mathematics, Ph.D. in Mathematics, Oklahoma State University.
- Jere Confrey, J.D. Moore Distinguished Professor of Mathematics Education, North Carolina State University, Ph.D. in Mathematics Education and Research Methodology, Cornell University.
- Sandra Laursen, Co-Director, Ethnography & Evaluation Research, University of Colorado at Boulder, Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley.
- Carmel Schettino, Ph.D. in Mathematics Education, State University of New York at Albany; Ten years as Department Chair, Mathematics Instructor, and Coordinator of Innovative Classroom Practice at the Emma Willard School in Troy, NY.
- Deborah Schifter, Principal Research Scientist at the Education Development Center (EDC), Ph.D. in Psychology, University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Dorothy Wallace, Professor of Mathematics, Dartmouth College, Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of California, San Diego.